Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Where Am I Now?

Hello all!

Yes, I know. I've been remiss in my postings. But the weather has been nice and sunny and warm and the last thing I wanted to do was sit in front of my computer. I didn't even check my email daily.

So, today, we're in Lillian, Alabama, which is right over the border from Pensacola, Florida. (Technically, we're in Pensacola. Still in Florida.) We left Fort Myers and headed to St. Petersburg for 3 days. From there we headed north to Tallahassee for 2 days. We didn't do a whole lot in Tallahassee. Some shopping and stocking up and cleaning up for our trip West. And now we're in Blue Angels land. (No, haven't seen or heard them. Yet.) We're planning on going toward Mobile to see the USS Alabama battleship (it served in the latter part of WWII in the Phillipines and Pacific. I'll be able to tell you more about it after I get there.) We are going to try to get to the Navy Aviation Museum tomorrow. I really don't know anything about that one. We are in Navy central, though. The guy next door to us said it was a really great museum. You could spend the entire day there.

I have been birding. A lot. I will expand on that in a separate post so that all of you who are not interested in my bird lists can skip it and move on. I now have over 100 birds on my Florida list and have the chance to add more here. I have to be careful though because I am on the border with Alabama and I need to be sure I keep the 2 separate. But if I see a bird in the Bay while I'm on the Florida side, does it count as a Florida bird? Depends on my mood. And the rarity of the bird, I guess. :o)

So, we're off to the Alabama. I'll try to get back to you this evening or tomorrow when Bill takes the kayak out and I'm by myself for a while. Back soon!

1 comment:

Carolyn NC said...

Thanks for following my blog! You are probably happier than most at the moment, since you're in warmer territories! Though this week that's probably debatable! Love the bird pics - so gorgeous. Enjoy your trip around.