Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Back in Canada

We spent the night in Watson Lake, YT. There really isn't much here. As a matter of fact, there are only 2 RVs in the park right now. Last night there were 5. I think most people are farther south by now. Many of the parks are closing early this year due to a lack of visitors. We haven't seen the sign forest yet. We're going to walk over there now. Watson Lake does have a very nice park next to Wye Lake. There are a couple of scaup floating in the middle, and a few others on the other side that I really couldn't make out. Many, many ravens. And, just like in Alaska, only one raven per light pole, please. 2 are allowed, but only if they are a "couple."

On the drive from Skagway to here, we actually saw a coyote on the side of the road. It was really cool to see one. I don't think I've ever seen one in the wild like that. I'm still looking for elk.

It's raining here now. Just a light drizzle. Since the road conditions have improved remarkably since we left Whitehorse, it won't really matter. We are going to try to make it to Ft. Nelson tonight. Depending on the amount of stopping and looking, we may not get that far.

I'm having computer issues, so I'm having to use Bill's computer (my wireless button doesn't want to work. I think it got disconnected somehow, maybe when Bill tried to ram my computer into the dresser.). I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to post my pictures, but I'll try. Also, wifi and internet is hard to come by here in the "wilderness" so I'm not sure how often we are going to be able to post.

No comments: