Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Settling in

After spending the holiday weekend with the in-laws, we are settling in at our new "home," the Pocono Vacation Park in Stroudsburg. Not a bad place. Not many trees for shade, but it's off the main roads and somewhat quiet. Nice. There is a nice grassy area behind us for the dogs. They aren't supposed to be off their leashes, but that's never stopped us before. :o)

I have some pictures of places we've been while we were staying at the campground in Catawissa. One day, Bill and I went to the Hawk Mountain Sanctuary to see if we can find anything. All we found were a couple of warblers (one of which turned out to be a lifer for me), and this guy:

It's a Turkey Vulture in case you couldn't tell. We'll go back in the fall for the migration and look for hawks. We're going to try to take our niece and nephew, Cathy and Ben, with us. They are young birders and I think they will enjoy this experience. These are views from the top of the mountain:

I have more pictures from the car cruise in Kulpmont. I'll post them as soon as I can.

Until then....

May your next bird be a lifer!