Friday, August 8, 2008

A Beautiful Day

Today was another beautiful day in Anchorage. That's 3 days in a row! Can it be? Is is summer? Just might be. Yesterday we had an actual, real live thunderstorm!! Lightning, thunder, dark clouds, lots of rain; the whole nine yards. And both the dogs slept right through it.

The fall migration is not only in full swing for some species, but completely over for others. The swallows are gone. Most shore birds are gone. And it's getting harder and harder to find a gull. We'll be going to Fairbanks in 2 weeks for the Tanana Valley Sandhill Crane Festival. It's at Creamer's Field. I've never been there, so I'm not sure exactly what to expect, but I doubt it is as big as the one in Homer. Or Cape May for that matter. And I certainly hope the Sandhill Cranes are still there. There was a picture of them in the paper today, and the caption said they were gathering at Creamer's Field. I'm hoping that all the rain and flooding they have had in Fairbanks in the last week or so doesn't change their plans. I hope the RV park is still in Fairbanks as it is along the river. I'm just glad I got a couple new birds this year. And I should rack them up big time when we leave the state on our trip.

We're still trying to sell our house. We're running out of time. I told Bill we needed to list it earlier, but does he ever listen to me? He wanted to have everything done and perfect before we put it on the market. Considering he had a whole year to finish the windows and other stuff, it should have been done long ago. (The answer to the question is no.) So, it's looking like we may have to list the house with a broker, take the loss on the commission, and wait until we get back to find someplace to live. I may be living in the RV another whole year if we can't find something! This was supposed to have been simple. We've been planning for over a year and then one day, poof!, the whole thing fell apart. The housing market when haywire, gas prices went sky high (which, by the way, our gas has gone down to a whole $4.36/gal.), and my last job basically sucked making it necessary to me to leave it early. I will never move again.

So, I'm going to try to post 2 pictures of the dogs. Since AT&T wireless basically sucks in Alaska, this may not work. My internet connection is slower than dial up on a bad day.

No comments: