Sunday, August 31, 2008

Gypsies at the Fair

We closed with no problems. We now live in the RV. We live where ever the RV takes us. And right now we are living in the field at the Alaska State Fair. We are a little cramped in here. We had to just kind of stuff everything where we could find a place. As we go along, we'll use stuff up and reorganize as need be.

The fair has been fun. Friends of ours came by yesterday and we spent some time with them. It was nice to have someone to walk the fair with. And there were a LOT of people at the fair yesterday. It had to have been over 70 degrees or more yesterday. And sunny. Today has started out cloudy and chilly. But we don't care. We just go with the flow.

Speaking of birds (was I?)...there must be hundreds of sandhill cranes flying over the fields out here every morning and evening. Lines and lines of them. They circle looking for thermals. And the noise! Enough to wake you up in the morning.

Had enough of the cranes? I haven't. They are one of my favorite birds. They rank up there with loons and chickadees. But in case you are tired of me talking about them (be aware that I will be talking about them more when we get to New Mexico), let me tell you this. I heard a downy woodpecker fly by yesterday morning. There, feel better? There are more than just cranes in this state. But right now my BIADD (bird induced attention deficit disorder)is focused on the crane migration. Mainly because everything else is gone.

Going to try to take some pictures of the fair. I forgot my camera yesterday. Food was calling and I couldn't think. We don't know where we'll be when the fair is over, but it will have to be somewhere near Anchorage.

The journey has begun........

1 comment:

Agatha said...

Great!!! I'm glad everything work out with the house. Now, the adventure starts for sure.