Saturday, August 16, 2008

Going, Going, Gone!

We sold it! Finally unloaded, eh, I mean sold, our house. Didn't take too long after we put up the signs. There's a big weight off our shoulders.


Now we need to find one. We're seriously thinking of looking when we get back. To tell the truth, we're back to the conclusion that we will just keep our options open and if we find something else along the way, then that's what we'll do. We've been doubting our Seward decision. Just thinking about all the stuff we'll be missing in "the real world." There's a lot of country out there and maybe it's time we saw all of it. Of course, me? I want to live in Hawaii. Kona, Hawaii.


So, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints have put up a new church across the road from us. I'm not sure if they planned it this way, but they have what amounts to a pond in the back. It is now loaded with some 75 or more Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs. And a few ducks that I couldn't make out as I didn't have my binocs. Quite the find last night when I was walking the dogs in the rain. Again. There has also been a juvenile Harlen's Red Tailed Hawk hanging around (think I know why now). He is with an adult and just makes an awful racket. But it's nice to know that there are hawks and eagles in the area.


There were a couple of Sandhill Cranes flying over the RV today. They were heading back to the Wildlife Refuge. And then later today, geese! They are back up in the air. I like geese. I think they have the cutest faces. And I've noticed over the last few days that there is quite the flock of chestnut-backed chickadees in the woods across the street from the school we're staying at. And a red-breasted nuthatch. Plus, all the usual birds are around on a daily basis: black-capped chickadees, common redpolls (just a few), magpies, and stellar's jays. Yesterday I noticed that the white-crowned sparrow pair are out and about with at least 2 juveniles. Maybe 3. And the juvenile black-capped chickadees have finally learned to stear! No more dodge-bird when walking on the sidewalk next to the house.

No comments: