Saturday, December 6, 2008

Back to Flagstaff

So, while we were in Flagstaff, Arizona (the place where it snowed on us), we took a side trip to Sunset Crater. This is a volcanic crater. You never really think of Arizona as being volcanic in nature, but there are a lot of volcanoes there. The mountains that surround the area are actually volcanoes. Pretty cool place. There are lava flows the cross the road and then there is one place that you can actually walk through it. It reminded me a lot of Hawaii, except it didn't have that "tropical" feeling.

One of the other places we visited was Wupatki National Monument. Let me tell you. Being an Anthropology student, the place had me. I could have spent hours there. However, they are no longer doing any archaeological digs there do due its being sacred to the Native Americans whose ancestors lived there. Doesn't matter though. I still could have spent a lot of time there. We were losing light, though and had to get back to the dogs. Oh well.

Next installment...what we did after Flagstaff. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Agatha said...

I love the pictures!!